Applying for SSD benefits can be far from simple. That is why it’s important that you know all the details required for a smooth application process.
Life is not always about the highs. There are times when we all have to face the lows as well. In times like these, it is vital that instead of breaking down, we have the courage and knowledge to get back on our feet.
Given increasing expenses, it may become difficult for many Americans to afford private insurance. However, thankfully the government has special benefit options that can be utilized in cases where Americans are suffering.
One such assistance program that the government provides is Social Security Disability Benefits. This program is offered by the Social Security Administration (SSA) for disabled people who are unable to work and, in some cases, their dependent family members.
However, there are many requirements that must be met in order to qualify for such benefits. The process is quite extensive and also involves a lot of documentation. As soon as you become disabled; it is recommended that you reach out to a legal expert.
How Can A Lawrenceville, GA SSD Attorney Help?
- Many of us may fail to consider contacting an attorney when a disability strikes. After all, it’s our disability, and all we need to do is fill out an application and submit it for approval. Unfortunately, this is wrong.
- Social Security Benefits are not appropriate for everyone, even some people who are currently disabled and struggling. The government has established very strict and specific guidelines that need to be followed for benefits approval.
- In fact, there is a whole list of conditions that are covered. The listings and details can be found in the Social Security Blue Book. If your medical condition is not listed in the Blue Book, there are still options for receiving disability benefits.
The process of determining your eligibility and qualification can be extremely complicated and stressful. When you hire an SSD Attorney Lawrenceville expert, you can get the help you need.
Your SSD attorney can assist in:
- Understanding if your disability falls under the SSA criteria
- Filling out forms and collating data
- Gathering medical reports and analyzing your case
- Scheduling appointments with the Social Security Office
- Applying for Medical-Vocational Allowance in case you get rejected
- Representing you in offices, court and elsewhere
When You Can Start Receiving Disability Benefits
According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), one should apply for disability benefits as soon as they are disabled. Once you are approved for disability benefits, your pay-outs begin.
There are two important factors to consider:
- After you are approved for Social Security Disability (SSD) the SSA will use the date they determine to be the onset of your disability to calculate back pay. There is a built-in five-month waiting period beginning with this date so 5 months of benefits will be subtracted from the number of months of back pay you are owed (up to a maximum of 12 months).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is different from SSD. There is no waiting period.
A Disability Attorney Lawrenceville expert can help you understand the minor details more clearly.
What Paperwork Do You Need to File for SSD Benefits?
Like any other form of government assistance, Social Security Disability also requires a number of forms to be completed as well as supporting documents. To start the process at your Social Security Office Lawrenceville location, you must be fully prepared.
You should have:
- Consulted with a doctor and know your disease or condition
- Lab tests results and medical reports
- The details of every doctor appointment including places, dates, and times
- Records proving your disability
- Work experience documents
- Proof of identity
What are Ways to Apply for SSD Benefits in Lawrenceville, GA?
There are a few ways in which you can apply for Social Security Benefits.
- Online: You can log onto the SSA’s official website to get all the details and fill out the application.
- Phone: You can call your local Social Security Office and make an appointment to file your application in person.
- Walk-in: You can locate your local Social Security Office and visit them to get started with the application.
It is best to consult an experienced social security attorney before applying. They will explain the entire process, from your initial filing to any required appeals.
So, if you are disabled, don’t wait any longer. Consult a professional Social Security Lawrenceville GA representative today. At Chermol & Fishman, LLC, we can help you from the beginning of the process to the end. Don’t stress about your loss of pay due to your disability. Apply for disability benefits with experienced attorneys you can trust.