Social Security Disability benefits are in place to support a lot of people who face a financial crisis. Both, Social Security and Supplemental Security Income Disability programs have equal importance. They are one of the biggest Federal programs to help disabled people.
- The Social Security Administration oversees these programs and determines who qualifies for benefits on a case by case basis. Disabled applicants who meet the criteria for either of these two programs can, in some cases, get approval very quickly.
- Disability Benefits can be received by the applicant as well as some family members. If you have worked long enough and have paid taxes, you can apply for SSD benefits. Whereas Supplemental Security Income depends on the applicant’s financial needs.
- The application process of Social Security benefits requires a lot of detail. Even a small error can cause you to be denied. To avoid any delay, you can hire one of the experienced Social Security Disability Lawyers in Philadelphia.
They can explain the intricate details of the application and approval process. In addition, you can also get assistance with gathering enough documents to prove your eligibility.
Who Can Apply for Disability Benefits in Philadelphia?
Disability is a subject that we hear about from different sources. But not many take the extra step to gather information about the application process, eligibility criteria, and other details. Knowing all of the details can help you in avoiding denials should you decide to apply for benefits in the future.
Applying online can be one of the easiest ways to apply for SSD benefits. Social Security Administration Philadelphia closely monitors all applications. Hence, you must complete all the required information correctly.
A Person Can Apply Online When
- They are between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age
- Unable to perform work due to the disability. In this case, your disability needs to have lasted for 12 months or longer
- The disability is expected to get worse or potentially be fatal
- They have not faced a disability denial in the last 2 months
- They are a citizen of the United States
After completing the online application process, a representative from the Social Security Administration will contact the applicant. You can either get a call or an email from SSA.
A Disability Attorney Philadelphia can also assist you in the online application process. Through them, it is easy to complete the application process quickly and accurately. Experienced Philadelphia SSD Attorneys know all the common mistakes and hence, help their clients to avoid errors.
So, if you or anyone you know is applying for Social Security benefits, suggest them to consult an experienced attorney.
SSD Application Process
Many disability requests get denied due to a lack of information supplied by applicants. We suggest you consult experienced Social Security Lawyers in Philadelphia if you want to avoid any mistakes.
The SSA asks for a lot of specific information. You must provide all the necessary details, correctly and accurately. It is best to have all the documents ready before applying for SSD benefits. This will save you time and the process will be much smoother.
Some Information You Will Need to Provide Includes:
- Date and place of birth
- Social Security Number
- Details of current, or former spouse such as: name, date of birth, place of birth, date of marriage, divorce date or date of death where applicable, and social security number
- SSN and date of birth of minor children
- Contact information for people who can explain your medical condition
- Detailed information, with supporting documents to prove your medical condition, or injury
- Names of any medications you are taking and dosages
- Contact information for doctors, hospitals or other medical professionals from where you are receiving treatment
- Income information
- Employer information
- Social Security Statement
- List of jobs that you have performed in the past 15 years
List of Documents You Must Have with You
- Birth certificate, or other valid proof of birth
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Prior year tax return
- Medical documents such as test reports, medical records, etc.
- Details of any permanent or temporary benefits you are receiving or have received in the past
Although you need to provide a copy of the documents mentioned above, you must also have the original documents with you to provide to your Social Security Disability Lawyers in Philadelphia. They will be able to determine the proper way to submit the necessary documents.
If you don’t have any of the above documents, don’t hesitate to get in touch with an attorney. We can still help you. Philadelphia SSD Lawyers are highly experienced at handling Social Security Disability Benefits claims. They know all of the options and can help you to make the application process as easy as possible.
Don’t delay applying for the SSD benefits just because you are unsure of the required documentation.
Mailing Your Documents To Philadelphia Social Security Office
- When mailing your documents to Social Security Office Philadelphia PA, be sure to include your Social Security Number. The Philadelphia Social Security Office will match all details on your application through your SSN.
- The SSN can be written on a separate piece of paper included in the envelope. If you are not able to email the information, then you can physically bring your documents to the office.
- When you have documents issued by DHS (Department of Homeland Security), or INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service), keep them with you. Bring them to the Social Security Office in person.
There are many advantages to the online SSD benefits application. Most of us think that there are more chances for errors in the online process however, this is not the case. The online application process is quicker than the other alternatives and documents can be submitted easily.
By having a reputable Social Security Disability Lawyers in Philadelphia by your side, the online application is an easy process.
Advantages of filing an online application;
- Apply without leaving your home.
- You can apply even if you are not currently in the United States.
- You can pause and review the saved application details before submitting it.
- You don’t have to wait because you can initiate a disability claim immediately online.
- Avoid travelling to the Social Security Office Philadelphia, PA
Once you submit the online application, you will get a confirmation of your application (by mail or electronically). Once the application is reviewed, the SSA Office Philadelphia will contact you to provide you with information and seek relevant information. They will then process your application and send you a confirmation.
With our Philadelphia SSD Attorney, the complete process of SSD benefits application is exceptionally smooth. Due to the years of industry experience, we know all guidelines followed by SSA to approve the SSD benefits application. We will be with you every step of the way from collecting all documents, talking to the SSA officials, and representing you in front of the court.
The Philadelphia, PA Social Security Office
2 PENN CTR STE 2000A
1500 JFK BLVD 20TH FL
Philadelphia, PA 19102
You can also reach the Philadelphia Social Security office by phone at 1-800-772-1213. The field office is open on weekdays, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am until 3:30 pm.
Social Security Hearing Office for Philadelphia, PA
SSA, Office of Disability Adjudication and Review
1601 Market Street, 21st Floor
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
- You may contact the office via phone at (866) 964-6288 or via fax at (215) 982-4734.
- The hearing office is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00am until 4:30pm.