The social security disability benefits support a lot of people who face a financial crisis. Both, social security and supplemental security income disability programs have equal importance. They are one of the biggest Federal programs to help disabled people.
Social Security Administration governs these programs with perfection. Disabled applicants who meet the criteria for either of these two programs get approval very quickly.
Disability Benefits can be received by the applicant and some family members. If you have worked long enough and have paid taxes, apply for SSD benefits. Whereas Supplemental Security Income depends on the applicant’s financial needs.
The application process of social security benefits requires a lot of accuracies. Even a small error can let you face denials. To avoid any delay, you can hire one of the experienced Social Security Disability Lawyers in Philadelphia.
They can explain to you all the details of the application and approval process. Not just this, you can also get assistance for gathering enough documents to prove your eligibility.
Who Can Apply for Disability Benefits in Philadelphia?
Disability is a subject that we all keep hearing from different sources. But not many of us try to gather information about its application process, eligibility criteria, and other details. Knowing all details can help you in avoiding denials whenever you apply for it in the future.
Applying Online can be one of the easiest ways if you want to apply for SSD benefits. Social Security Administration Philadelphia closely monitors all applications. Hence, you must fill all the required information correctly.
A Person Can Apply Online When
- He/she is 18 years or above
- Unable to work due to long-term disability. In this case, your disability should be older than 12 months or more
- If your disability is expected to decline or get worsen or cause death in the future
- Have not faced disability denials in the last 2months
- Applying for SSI is possible when- You are a citizen of the United States
- You are between the age group 18 and 65 years of age
- Your visibility is good, or you are not blind
- Never got married
After completing the online application process, a representative from the Social Security Administration will contact the applicant. You can either get a call or an email from SSA.
A Disability Attorney Philadelphia can also assist you in the online application process. With them, it is easy to complete the application process soon and without any mistake. Experienced attorneys know all the common mistakes and hence, help their clients to avoid any kind of mistake.
So, if you or any of your known is applying for social security benefits, suggest them to consult an experienced attorney.
SSD Application Process
Many disability requests get denied due to a lack of information supplied by applicants. We suggest you consult an experienced Social Security Lawyers in Philadelphia if you want to avoid any mistakes. There are many kinds of information that SSA asks for.
You must provide all the necessary details, correctly and competently. Please keep all the documents ready before applying for SSD benefits. This will save ample time and energy.
Here Is A Few Information You Need to Provide-
- Date and place of birth
- Social Security Number
- Details of current, or former spouse. It can be- name, date of birth, place of birth, date of marriage, divorce date, date of death, and social security number
- SSN and date of birth of minor children
- Few financial details
- Contact details of people who can explain about your medical condition
- A person who is helping or can help you in the application process
- Detailed information, with supporting documents to proof your medical condition, or injury
- Names of medicines you are consuming
- Name, contact details of other details of your doctors, or hospitals where you are getting treatment.
- Income details
- Details of employers
- Social Security Statement
- List of jobs that you have done in the past 15 years
List of Documents You Must Have With You
- Birth certificate, or any other valid proof of birth
- U.S. citizenship proof
- W-2 forms. Or last year’s self-employment tax returns
- Medical documents like test reports, medical records, etc.
- Details of any permanent or temporary benefits you are receiving or received in the past
Though you need to show the copy of the above-mentioned documents, you must keep the originals with you. Be it medical documents, self-employment tax returns, birth certificate, W-2 forms, etc. show all originals to your Disability Attorney Philadelphia. They shall be able to tell how those documents can be submitted in a proper way.
If you don’t have any of the above documents, don’t hesitate to get in touch with an attorney. We can still help you. Philadelphia SSD Lawyer at our law firm is highly experienced in handling Social Security Disability Benefits. So, they know all alternatives that can get you the benefits with ease.
Don’t delay applying for the SSD benefits just because you are not sure about the documentation process.
Mailing Your Documents To Philadelphia Social Security Office
- While mailing your documents to Social Security Office Philadelphia, don’t miss to mention the SSN. Philadelphia Social Security Office will match all the details on your application through SSN.
- The SSN can be written on a separate piece of paper, and you can put that inside the envelope. In case you are not able to email, then you can visit physically with all the documents.
- When you have documents issued by DHS (Department of Homeland Security), or INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service), keep them with you. Show them personally to Social Security Officials.
Well, there are many advantages to online SSD benefits application. Most of us think that there are more chances to commit mistakes in the online process. But this is merely a myth. The online application process is faster than other modes, and you can submit all the documents without any hassle.
By having one of the reputed Social Security Disability Lawyers in Philadelphia by your side, online application is an easy process.
Advantages of the online application;
- Apply without coming out from the comfort of your home.
- You can apply even if you are not in the United States.
- You can pause and review the saved application details before submitting it.
- You don’t have to wait because Initiating disability claim immediately is accessible in online mode.
- Avoid Travelling to Social Security Office Philadelphia.
Once you submit the online application, you will get a confirmation of your application (by mail or electronically). Once the application is reviewed, SSA Office Philadelphia will contact you to seek and give relevant details. They will then process your application and send you a confirmation on the same.
With our Philadelphia SSD Attorney, the complete process of SSD benefits application becomes exceptionally smooth. Due to the rich industry experience, we know all norms followed by SSA to approve the SSD benefits application. We will be with you in every step. Right from collecting all documents, talking to SSA officials, to represent you in front of the court.