Getting Approved for Social Security Disability Benefits in Macon, GA
Social Security is a program that provides individuals with certain benefits. If you are unable to work due to disability and can’t earn a living for your family, you may be eligible to receive some form of compensation. However, there are certain restrictions and criteria for qualifying.
- Not every disabled individual can receive compensation and benefits. Only individuals who fulfil the requirements of eligibility are entitled to receive benefits. Before filling out the application form, you should know a little about how the social security system works.
- You should be familiar with the conditions necessary to qualify for social security. An experienced Disability Attorney Macon GA expert can assist. If you want a higher chance of getting approved, hire a social security disability attorney immediately.
- Firstly, it is essential to understand that there are two types of social security programs. You should know which program is right for you. The two programs are Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- SSDI or Social Security Disability Insurance is a tax-funded federal insurance program of the United States government. It offers monthly benefits to people who are disabled and have a work history. The Blue Book or Listing of Impairments details the disability conditions that make you eligible for benefits.
- To be eligible, an individual must be unable to work and earn substantially. A claimant must be unable to work for at least 12 months. A condition expected to last for 12 months may also qualify. Terminal conditions may also make you eligible.
- As per the new rules of 2020, you should be unable to earn $1260 per month. If you exceed this amount, you will not receive benefits. An individual should also have certain work credits to be eligible.
- The number of work credits depends upon the individual’s age at the time of disability. Generally, a total of 40 credits may be necessary with 20 of those work credits earned in the last 10 years before the disability occurred. Younger individuals are not required to have as many work credits.
Getting Help from Disability Lawyer in Macon, GA
Contacting an SSD attorney Macon legal counsel to learn more would be helpful. An attorney can assist you by explaining all the legalities. Your lawyer should also have a keen understanding of the other laws associated with social security disability. You should hire a lawyer who is specialized in disability cases and who has experience with cases that are similar to your own.
- Overall, the application process can be quite complicated. Most claims don’t get approval at the first stage. Oftentimes, clients have to make their cases stronger during the appeal phase.
- If you have to appeal, you should seek legal representation for such a situation. An attorney can even help to prepare witnesses and experts to help you at this point. Speak to a Social Security Disability Lawyer Macon trusts for more help.
- SSI or Supplement Security Income is different than SSDI. This is a program based on financial need. It assists individuals who are elderly, blind, or disabled, and who have limited resources. SSI does not have any work requirements. However, you must be able to demonstrate a financial need for benefits.
- The family’s total income must be less than $3000 in order to qualify for SSI. The standards are strict because the number of people applying for disability and social security income has increased. If you think you are eligible for benefits, you should speak to a lawyer.
Seek an experienced professional who can coordinate with the Macon Social Security Office. Remember, your lawyer will be your representative in court. Therefore, you should have a lawyer who has experience handling cases of your type, from application to appeal.
Applying for Social Security Disability in Macon
The application form is available online at the SSA website. However, completing it is not an easy process. You should seek legal assistance before beginning the application procedure.
It is crucial that you receive the aid of a legal advisor to ensure that the application form is completed fully and accurately.
There are multiple pieces of information needed to complete the application. You should maintain a record of all these documents. With the help of your lawyer, you can effectively apply for social security in Macon GA.
You will need the following information:
- Social Security Number: Your social security number will be required for filling out the application form. It is a nine-digit number assigned to US citizens.
- Birth Certificate: Both programs have different age criteria. Social Security Disability has certain other benefits for younger individuals. It is essential for every applicant and their dependent(s) to have proof of their birthplace and date. If you don’t have the birth certificate(s), you should apply for the birth certificates(s) as soon as possible.
- Medical Records: It is essential that you have medical proof of your disability. To confirm your condition, you will need to show your medical records and other documented evidence. This includes the name of hospitals, clinics, and doctors you have visited. You should maintain a record of all medications and lab tests, as well.
- Some cases are not approved because of incomplete or inaccurate medical records. Therefore, you should focus fully on compiling all of this evidence. Such proof can be the difference in you getting approved or denied.
- Work History & Ability: You will need to provide all the necessary information about your work profile. Work ability is one of the primary considerations for Social Security Disability insurance (SSDI). Therefore, you will have to prove that you have worked in the past and that you struggle to work now.
- For SSI, you will have to prove that your earnings are minimal. Make sure you have all the necessary documents to prove this.
If you are preparing to apply for disability benefits, have already applied, or have been denied you can benefit from our team of expert attorneys. We have been handling social security claims for years and are a leading law firm. Representing social security cases is our area expertise. Call for a consultation today with Chermol & Fishman, LLC.