A Social Security Disability Lawyer Houston Needs and Deserves
The social security disability program is designed for individuals who are disabled and struggling due to an illness or injury. The program offers financial assistance to family members of the disabled as well. This program is regulated by the Social Security Administration (SSA), a federal government agency.
- In order to receive the maximum benefits, a claimant should fulfil various criteria, as outlined by the social security disability authority. An experienced social security disability lawyer Houston knows these criteria. In fact, top disability attorneys understand precisely the procedures required to receive SSD benefits. A good lawyer can help you with every step of your case.
- If you need to appeal and take your claim to court, your attorney can represent you in front of the SSA, before Administrative Law Judges (ALJs), and even in Federal Court. Your attorney will assist you throughout the application process. This includes document gathering, document interpreting, and application completion.
- If you are unsure how or when to apply, your lawyer can help as well. As your disability advocate, your attorney will also assist you in determining which SSA program is right for you.
There are two kinds of social disability programs that offer social security disability (SSD) benefits:
- The Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program, and
- The Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program
Both of them may look similar, but the criteria are different. There are various implications for these programs too. The rules and regulations formulated by the SSA are stringent and difficult for many people to understand.
Medical Conditions Recognized by the SSA
This social security disability administration has established several rules and guidelines for disabled applicants. To qualify for SSD benefits, one must adhere to all criteria. The guidelines are extensive and elaborate.
In fact, according to one survey, only one-third of applicants get approved by the SSA. It’s no wonder having an experienced attorney can help!
Fortunately, a top-tier disability attorney Houston can rely on knows how the SSA works. If you are suffering from any of the disorders mentioned below, you may be able to get fast approval for benefits. However, you will first have to qualify under other basic criteria.
Some commonly recognized conditions include:
- Cardiovascular conditions, such as heart failure or coronary artery disease
- Arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions
- Respiratory illness and other lung conditions
- Neurological disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or Epilepsy
- Mental illness, including depression
- Kidney problems
The SSA provides detailed listings for each of these conditions. Depending on the frequency and intensity of each disease’s symptoms, your eligibility may vary.
Providing the SSA Authentic and Precise Information
Sometimes, the information provided to the SSA is not sufficient to qualify for benefits. In such situations, an attorney can help submit all pertinent documentation. Moreover, an attorney can help ensure that all information is completed accurately and properly to minimize the likelihood of rejection.
- People who are completely disabled and unable to work may have an easier time getting benefits. That is because these individuals are more clearly disabled. However, don’t take anything for granted. Even if you are clearly totally disabled and unable to do any work, you may still get denied. This may happen simply because you failed to provide certain paperwork.
- Thus, it is always a good idea to hire an attorney before applying. Just always remember: your disability should be severe enough to hamper your daily activities. The SSA will observe and evaluate all physical conditions to verify them.
- You should not be able to perform work you did previously.
Experienced Legal Representation
Unless you are well-versed in the law and SSA rules and regulations, you may struggle to get approved. This is why it’s important that you find a top attorney before contacting anyone from the SSA. Before you contact the social security office Houston location, be sure to contact a legal advocate. An experienced social security lawyer knows what should and shouldn’t be done.
So don’t risk it. If you are disabled and struggling to work, struggling to pay your bills, you need help. Do not stress yourself further by having to worrying about the law. Instead, reach out to experts who understand the law best.